Friday, October 30, 2009

Eff the Yankees

Getting into an argument with a Yankees fan... Pretty fun, huh? I can already tell you where the argument will go before it starts. They make sure to mention 26 championships and 'oh how did it feel to go 86 years without winning one.'

Now honestly, if i was fucking 341 years old maybe this would offend me. When I'm visibly in my mid 20's, couldn't possibly have started watching games, and definitely had no idea what was going on until I was about 6 years old, then guess what ass bag, I "suffered" for about 15 years.

And yes I'm sure those 26 championships you were able to witness in your 24 years of living were pretty sweet. Save history for the history teachers, christ. Germany also use to be a world power... Thing change... asshole.

If you can talk like a sensible human being (which admittedly many Red Sox fans cannot do) then if you and I are 26 years old here's how it rolls:

World Series Championships in our lifetime: Yankees - 4 ... Red Sox - 2
Longest droughts we actually had to put up with (provided we started watching this shit at 6 years old): Yankees - 9 (and counting from 2000 - present) Red Sox - 15 (1989 - 2004)

Devastating losses:
- Yankees 2001 Game 7 when Mariona Rivera blew a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th. Yankees 2004 when a certain team made an unprecedented 3-0 comeback.

- Red Sox 2003 Game 7 where Grady Little left Pedro out to dry and the Yankees came back to win the game and series.

How does that warrant a 20 some odd year old Yankee fan to be a complete prick?

Here is how many championships the Yankees have won each decade:

2000's - 1
1990's - 3
1980's - 0
1970's - 2
1960's - 2
1950's - 6
1940's - 4
1930's - 5
1920's - 3

From 1923 to 1962 the Yankees won 20 World Series championships. That's 20 in 40 years. Shit-fuck that is amazing. If some old wrinkly-ass old guy wants to talk some shit I would remind him I'm 26 years old, but, ok pal, you can talk shit, that's impressive. From 1963 to 1995 the Yankees won 2 world series titles. If a middle aged guy wants to talk shit to me he can eff himself. With sports, atleast for me, you gotta LIVE through these years to really be able to boast about them.

I appreciate history, hell the Celtics won 8 titles in a row from 1959 to 1966. They won 11 of 13 titles. They won every year in the 1960's except for 1967. So would I go and stuff this up the ass of every Spurs fan??? Of course not, what the hell do I know about Cousy and Russell???

I especially wouldn't do this as the Celtics stunk it up in the 1990's for much of the decade.

Why can't Yankees fans acknowledge the fact that for the past 10 years (and foreseeable future) this is a dead even rivalry? I guess everyone just likes to boast I'm better than you. I say take your argument and shove it up your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment