Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bloggin' It Up

People have told me before that I should write a sports blog so eff it... I'll give this a try. I'll update this every so often when something good goes through my dome or if something big goes on. It'll probably suck at first but maybe I'll find a groove as I go... I'll talk all sports but probably about 97.6% NFL cuz no other sport holds a candle..

The ALDS begins tomorrow night (Yeah I'm starting with the other 2.4%) and the Sox play in Anaheim games 1 & 2 so that means late start time - gay. Maybe it's just me but I'm not even close to as passionate about them as I was 5 yrs ago. To be honest, Sunday the Sox play, I believe at 12:00. I'd honestly rather watch the 1:00 football games and just flip to the sox during commercials. There are a few reasons:

1. Baseball is painfully slow compared to football's fast pace
2. The Red Sox are just a boring ho-hum team... I mean I like guys like Pedroia, Youkilus, and Bay but their personalities are about as exciting as aids.
3. Fantasy sports/picks/pools totally take the NFL to the next level of watchability

There is only one thing that can spark baseball for me right now... we all know what that is - Yankees vs. Sox ALCS!!! If that happens I'll jump back on board and claim I watched 156 of their games this season all the way through.

Back to football... few thoughts on the 2009 season so far - This season is a lot like 2004. The good teams are REAL good and the bad teams TOTALLY SUCK BALLS! If you're a betting man you ride the Colts, Giants, Saints, Patriots, Eagles, Ravens, Vikings, 49ers, etc OR bet against the Rams, Chiefs, Bucs, Browns, or Lions. In 2004 the Steelers were 15-1, Pats 14-2, Eagles 13-3, Chargers 12-4, Colts 12-4... same kind of thing lotta nasty teams, lotta shitty teams, fewer in the middle.

This is basically the anti-2002 where 80% of the league was 9-7 to 7-9 range. Don't believe me? www.profootballreference.com

Next point to mention - www.profootballreference.com <--- best.website.ever

Maybe this is the 14 year old in me speaking but there is something right about the 49ers being good again. Some franchises should just have a good team and carry themselves well - the 49ers are definitely one of those teams - welcome back.

The Patriots have won the past 2 games in the 2001-2004 fashion of grinding teams out and making more key plays. Not that the 2007 Pats way of beating people to death wasn't sweet but this makes me feel very confident come later in the year. Watching the Pats - esp in 03 & 04 EVERY damn close game you just KNEW they would pull out. Only exception was that wicked gay game vs. the Dolphins where Brady threw 17 picks and Troy Brown got roasted for the game winning TD. .. so 912 of 913 close games is still pretty good.

I still hate Peyton Manning, don't get me wrong, but that man is flat out filthy. Let's see if he can do this in January though.

Brett Favre has replaced John Edward as the biggest douche in the universe. Go away.

The Jets suck they'll finish 9-7 or 8-8 at best, mark it down.

Best nickname in the NFL???? Pocket Hercules is #1 followed by Megatron - both studs btw

Tony Romo is terrible.

That's all I got for now, effin flu is rolling me

But I just finished watching a new south park episode - pretty damn funny, good start to the season!

5 comments:

  1. this is great man. i don't follow football that much but i plan on staying informed via this resource. the sox are not as fun to watch especially since ortiz is not hitting well and manny's bat is gone. this is jamison btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, sir. I'll be sure to follow this shizzle.

    My vote is for Law Firm and The Inconvenient Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i dont follow football that much" this statement caused me sadness and anger and would have given my girlfriend a black eye if i still had one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it's hard to argue the Law Firm. Hopefully he gets a bigger roll in years to come so that name will get out there more. Hell he should be playing over Macaroney if it was up to me. Freddy Taylor & Faulk ain't getting younger and Sammie Mo' is injury prone so maybe BenJarvis Green-Ellis Inc. will be rushing for 1,000 yrds next season for the pats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred Taylor out indefinitely... bring in the Law Firm!

    ReplyDelete