Thursday, December 10, 2009

The 3 quarter poll

Just a measely four weeks ago I had a midway point blog... Let's see how some of my forecasts did. Italics is from my prior blog. Bold is my thoughts now.

Halfway point of the year... shit is going by wicked fast. Fortunately though we now got Thursday night games basically from here on out (Each of these matchups has fucking sucked. Hey NFL Network pull your weight a li'l more and get us a good game).

As I predicted in my first blog... the Jets are heading towards an 8-8 finish at best. (boo ya!)

Although their record may not indicate it by the end of the year (and probably won't - Actually it will ), Miami is easily the second best team in the AFC East.

The Saints and Colts are undefeated but I don't expect to see either in the Super Bowl... however of those two teams the Saints have a much better chance due to the fact that the NFC isn't as strong... (this could be wishful thinking now with the Colts... the Steelers and Pats are falling apart. San Diego, you're our last hope!)

Brett Favre will fizzle out - let's all calm down. (Could Sunday nights game be the beginning of the end of this Brett Favre honeymoon session? Let's hope!)

Even if Brett Favre doesn't fizzle out he will def throw a crippling INT in the playoffs... it's his M.O. (I'd bet the farm on this happening)

Denver will finish 10-6 or 11-5... their hot start will be enough to get them a wild card berth where they'll be waxed in the first round... San Diego will win that division. (looking good but not exactly a ballsy prediction. SD always starts out slowly)

The Bengals will be the other AFC wild card team... I do think they are for real but Pittsburgh will take the division by a game. (Welllllpppp, swing and a miss! The Steelers rely on Polamalu like the Colts do Manning. No, really....)

The NFC West should be sent on a space ship to the sun... what a brutal division to watch. (Hmmm I'm willing to reel that ship back in... I do like watching Zona and San Fran)

The first team on the outside looking in at the playoffs come year end in the AFC will be the Texans. (Texans shat the bed a lot quicker than I anticipated. Jacksonville is the last team looking in at the end of the year)

The closest team in the NFC will be the Eagles... Is there anyone more Jekyll and Hyde than Donovan McNabb??? (Eff me this is gonna be the Cowboys... we'll read more about them further down, ughhhhh I suck at predicting)

The Patriots will beat either the Colts or Saints but I'm just not sure which one yet... I'd guess the Saints but they won't beat both of them. While we are here, the Patriots will probably finish 12-4 but not earn a bye on account of a shittier conference record which keeps biting them in the balls each year. (Two fat L's!!!! I was off in my predictions too cuz the Pats got their taints obliterated by the Saints but had the Colts on the ropes. The Pats will finish 10-6 but this will get them into the playoffs as the #4 seed)

Here are my predictions which will be wicked wrong:1. Colts 2. Steelers 3. Patriots 4. Chargers 5. Bengals 6. Broncos (Well at least I admitted that I'd suck, which I did. It will be 1. Colts 2. Chargers 3. Bengals 4. Patriots 5. Broncos 6. Dolphins)

AFC Team in Super Bowl: Steelers (Yowzers, I gave them the kiss of death. The Steelers flat out need Polamalu. Bruce Gradkowski won't toss 3 Td's in the 4th vs that long haired beast. The Chargers are Super Bowl bound this year)

1. Saints 2. Cowboys 3. Vikings 4. Cardinals 5. Falcons 6. Giants (This isn't too good either... what was I on??? 1. Saints 2. Vikings 3. Cardinals 4. Eagles 5. Packers 6. Giants)

NFC Team in Super Bowl: Cowboys (Who predicts two teams in the super bowl at the halfway point where neither will make the playoffs??? Eeeesh. Cowboys are heading for their patented December bed-shitting. Wade Phillips and Tony Romo are just a pair of losers. Saints will be playing for the Super Bowl as an 18-0 powerhouse.)

Super Bowl Champion: Steelers (Don't need to re-hash why I suck... Chargers knock off the Saints in a big upset. This goes down as the Brees bowl with his former team against his current one)

Good lorrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddd the only thing we know in the NFL is that we don't know much!

2 comments:

  1. your predictions were pretty good though. who would have thought the steelers would have so much diarrhea in 09?

    ReplyDelete